top of page
All data subjects whose personal data is collected, is in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The Data Protection Manager is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Dawn Chambers Fitness collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All employees of Dawn Chambers Fitness who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice
is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
Dawn Chambers Fitness teaches a range of mat Pilates classes in Gateshead and the surrounding areas and also has online classes available through www.dawnchambersfitness.com and a private Facebook group ‘Dawn Chambers Fitness Online’.
Dawn Chambers Fitness has been passionate about fitness and Pilates for many years, and wanted to share it with others to help them achieve their individual goals. In our classes we believe in everyone challenging themselves to achieve their full potential. We run small classes so that attendees can get individual hands on coaching and learn correct technique and progress at their own pace to get results.
Our Data Protection Manager and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
• Tel: 07368288213
The personal data we would like to use is:
Personal data type: Source:
Name - Website Contact Me Form / Social Media Enquiry
Address - Website Contact Me Form / Social Media Enquiry
Telephone Number - Website Contact Me Form / Social Media Enquiry
Mobile Number - Website Contact Me Form / Social Media Enquiry
Email Address - Website Contact Me Form / Social Media Enquiry
Basic PARQ Information - PARQ completed online
Dawn Chambers Fitness is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully. We adhere to the principles relating to the obtaining and processing of Personal Data which are set out in the GDPR guidelines and are responsible for and must be able to demonstrate compliance with the data protection principles (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/principles/)
We collect information about you to provide you with the best possible service. We will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products or services you have requested (group or online classes). We need to keep some details on file as per the examples in the table above. We will not pass your details on to others without contacting you first.
Your information will not be used for marketing purposes outside of Dawn Chambers Fitness. We will never sell your data and Dawn Chambers Fitness will take appropriate steps to keep your details safe and secure.
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
• Administration – Stored within a spreadsheet (password protected and backed up). Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to advertise our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
• Legitimate Interest in our products or services.
• Vital Interests of your Health before we sign you onto a class.
• Your consent to have us keep your data for the purposes listed above.
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
• Direct Marketing because of an event exchange of details.
• Submission of your data to us for a complaint, claim or a Subject Access Requests.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. Consent is required for Dawn Chambers Fitness to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
• You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting the DPO for Dawn Chambers Fitness at email@example.com and requesting ‘Withdrawal of Consent’. Upon receipt of your ‘Withdrawal of Consent’ Dawn Chambers Fitness will remove all data stored about you from our systems within 14 days.
Dawn Chambers Fitness does not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties will receive your personal data as part of our processing activities as listed above.
3.4 Retention period
Dawn Chambers Fitness will process personal data indefinitely, and for up to 14 days post your confirmation to be removed from our systems. PARQ documentation is retained for 7 years post the last booking in line with our insurance policy.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review: in the event that Dawn Chambers Fitness refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Dawn Chambers Fitness (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Dawn Chambers Fitness’ data protection manager.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Supervisory authority contact details
Information Commissioner's Office
Tel 0303 123 1113
Data Protection Manager
4. Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Dawn Chambers Fitness, will collect and use your personal data for the following reasons:
1. To provide you with information or products relating to the services provided by Dawn Chambers Fitness where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
2. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
3. To notify you about any changes to our service.
You will be asked in advance for your consent for inclusion in each instance.
Why does Dawn Chambers Fitness need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a response to a general enquiry, equipment or class signing on request we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will Dawn Chambers Fitness share my personal data with anyone else?
No. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Dawn Chambers Fitness use the personal data it collects about me?
Dawn Chambers Fitness will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Under what circumstances will Dawn Chambers Fitness contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Dawn Chambers Fitness at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Dawn Chambers Fitness does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
• Contact details of the data protection manager, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Dawn Chambers Fitness or a third party, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Dawn Chambers Fitness accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months).
bottom of page